Happy New Year 2014

1 Jan

Image

I’m not one for making new year’s resolutions, they always seem so cliched.  But that’s not to say that I don’t like to reflect on the past year and look forward to the next.  A few weeks ago I was challenged to write a list of 31 accomplishments of last year.  I was so excited about that because I had a wonderful year in 2013.  I actually only wrote accomplishments since my retirement in May.  And, guess what… I exceeded the 31 count in only the 7 months between June and December!   I was psyched!  And since I truly believe that the best is yet to come (yes, a cliche), I am super-psyched about 2014!

I have already lined up several workshops, groups, and writing activities for the new year.  Here are my top five for January:

1.  Rate Your Story

2.  Start the Year Off Write

3. ReviMo

4. 12×12 Workshop

5. Writing for Children

In addition, I plan on entering three writing contests this month.

(Highlights, AKC Family Dog, and Rate Your Story).

Here’s a little cartoon I copied just for chuckles.

new-years-resolutions

So, time to get busy… Like the poster says, “the best days of my life are all ahead”!

9 Responses to “Happy New Year 2014”

1. Michelle Heidenrich Barnes January 5, 2014 at 7:09 AM #

Hi Juliana– looks like you have your work cut out for you this month! Good for you, keeping yourself motivated and busy doing what you love. I’ll be seeing you around Start the Year Off Write and 12 x12. 🙂

• Juliana Lee January 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM #

HI Michelle! I do have pretty high goals, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! Now, let’s just see how well I can keep up 🙂 See you around the web!

2. Perfecting Motherhood January 2, 2014 at 1:52 AM #

Sounds like you’ve got your work cut out. I’m planning to do the Start the Year Off Write challenge and 12×12 too, on top of many other things I want to do. This is going to be a busy year, so it will take a lot of planning to get it all done. But I wouldn’t have it any other way and I bet you wouldn’t either. Happy new year!

• Juliana Lee January 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM #

You’re so right! This is my passion, and I’m all in!

3. Juliana Lee January 2, 2014 at 1:44 AM #

Yep! We’re in this together Jackie! So happy to have made so many friends through PiBoIdMo-2013!

• jackiewellington21 January 2, 2014 at 3:18 PM #

Same here. I am looking forward to it. Thanks for this post. There were a couple that I did not know about. 😀

4. jackiewellington21 January 2, 2014 at 1:02 AM #

I am with you 😀

• Juliana Lee January 2, 2014 at 4:27 PM #

I’ll see you around the web Jackie!

• jackiewellington21 January 3, 2014 at 11:54 PM #