Maple and Willow Together

24 Nov

18966220

Maple and Willow Together written and illustrated by Lori Nichols (2014)

This is the follow up to the delightful story Maple published earlier this year. Maple was Lori Nichols debut picture book. You can read my review of Maple HERE.

In this book, Maple and her little sister Willow do everything together. They play together, sleep together, and even have their own special language together. But one day, Maple gets angry and Willow gets angry and they are sent to their rooms alone. The girls don’t like being alone, and make-up across the hallway. Pretty soon they are playing outside together and sleeping together in the same bed.

Lori Nichols has done it again! This second book is just as warm and loving as her first book. The relationship between the sisters is so real. And the artwork is beautiful. It shows how sisters can be each other’s best friends even when they don’t always get along.

I love this story and I think you will too. I can’t wait to share it with my granddaughter who just became a big sister last month!

7 Responses to “Maple and Willow Together”

1. Patricia Tilton November 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM #

Sweet story. Love their names. The cover is so whimsical and fun. Remember your review of Maple.

• Juliana Lee November 25, 2014 at 2:57 PM #

Very sweet Pat. It’s a great follow-up to Maple.

2. writersideup November 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM #

MAPLE was such a sweet book, so I expect MAPLE & WILLOW to be just as sweet 🙂 I saw it at Barnes today, but it wasn’t a “read” day. I ended up “selling” books lol

• Juliana Lee November 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM #

It’s so hard to part with good books isn’t it? I left many, many behind when I retired. At least they’re still in the hands of kids where they belong!

• writersideup November 25, 2014 at 1:05 PM #

Oh, Juliana, you misunderstood me! I haven’t sold any of MY books! I often “book sell” when I’m in the Children’s Dept. at Barnes 😀 Yesterday was quite a day for that. I can’t help myself, especially if I’m not in a rush to leave. If I overhear someone looking for books and don’t know what to buy, I naturally stick my nose in, ask who they’re buying for and start suggesting. My biggest frustration is my poor recall prevents me from pulling up so many of the wonderful books I know!

• Juliana Lee November 25, 2014 at 2:59 PM #

Now I get it! I’ve taken to leaving a list of books on my phone’s note page so I can quickly see what I’m looking for! 🙂

• writersideup November 25, 2014 at 6:56 PM #

Oh, boy, Juliana, now you added something to my “to do” list! Not like I need another thing, but this would be worth it! 🙂 Thanks! I don’t use my phone in the many ways it probably can be (it’s not really a smart phone) except, since I got a cell phone back in 1998, I call myself and leave reminders on my answering machine at home so I listen to it when I’m AT home to do with the information what I need to do 🙂