In Like a Lion

5 Mar

UnknownTrue to its reputation, March is coming in like a lion. But right around the corner, spring is ready to pounce. This weekend we will move forward one hour. Next week we are looking forward to warmer temperatures and melting snow. The following week we will look for four leaf clovers, leprechauns, and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow. And before you know it, we’ll celebrate the official first day of spring with singing, dancing, and frolicking in the streets. Let’s look back just a few short months. What good has come out of this past winter? Has being homebound brought you closer to loved ones? Helped you organize your closet or deep clean at least one room? Given you the time to focus on your craft? Forced you to eat home-cooked meals? Provided solitude for meaningful meditation? Inspired you to learn something new? Offered a creative outlet? For myself, I’ve polished two manuscripts and sent them out to five industry professionals. I organized another critique group. I’ve started a number of new writing projects, one which is very promising. I’ve been invited to be one of the administrators on the Debut Picture Book Study group on Facebook. I completed last year’s picture book review challenge, Celebrate Every Day with a Picture Book.  And I embarked on this year’s challenge to keep up with new picture book publications, which includes reviewing picture books and offering some fun kid-friendly activities for each one on my new page, 2015 Books Alive!

Check out some of these titles on my new page.

8 Responses to “In Like a Lion”

1. writersideup March 11, 2015 at 7:40 AM #

Wow, Juliana, you’ve got so much good stuff going on! Yay for you and I wish you luck on your submissions 😀

• Juliana Lee March 12, 2015 at 1:33 PM #

Thank you on both accounts! Regardless of the outcomes, I do what I love!

2. Lauri Fortino March 5, 2015 at 7:32 PM #

The Bear Ate Your Sandwich is a super choice. Love the ending! Sounds like you’ve kept yourself pretty busy; you should be proud of your accomplishments. Keep up the momentum! 🙂

• Juliana Lee March 5, 2015 at 8:50 PM #

I love books with a fun twist at the end, too. Thanks for the encouragement.

3. Patricia Tilton March 5, 2015 at 7:21 PM #

Wonderful selections! I wish we stayed on EST all year long. I’m not ready, but it’s already the first sign for spring.

• Juliana Lee March 5, 2015 at 8:46 PM #

Wow! You might be one of the only people I know who’s not ready for spring. Glad you like the selections.

4. Keila Dawson March 5, 2015 at 4:19 PM #

You are a picture book rockstar!